Friday, December 20, 2013

Mad with organic? Cleaning my home

An unusual post. Or has this thing been getting more and more eclectic all the time, so nevermind.

I have been going crazy these days, because of moving to a new place and sharing it with my man, who is a lot less of a monk (Adrian*) than me. Plus I have to be extra sensitive about smells of household products and a morning person, while he is not and so on.

And I have been very interested in organic ways of living, cleaning included, for years. And because of being super-sensitive to smells and stuff and super-angry when someone stinks up the flat with a regular chemical cleaner one am... our home has been getting greener and greener. Or maybe I just have an amazing man, go figure.


Some green stuff... My favs are baking soda, green soap, vinegar and we have store-bought eco cleaners too.


There is lots and lots of info on organic cleaning and living on the Net. Some essentials would be green soap and baking soda paste for fridge, sinks, getting rid of mold and other stuff needing scrubbing (soda is a bit* abrasive) , vinegar for glass surfaces and surfaces needing disinfecting (soda is a disinfectant too) and oh yes, I was clothes with green soap, using the washing machine and using soda for hand-washing dishes, when not using the eco dish-washing liquid . Here we can buy pretty cheap and quality liquid green soap and I use it a lot.

Lemon. I have not got around to using lemon, but yeah, it is in the eco armada.

And I try to evolve... meaning getting even more mad with the organic. Is it good or bad, who knows.
My next lesson-i-want-to-learn is how to use vodka and to try using the not-so-aromatic-anymore coffee I salvaged from being thrown away, plus getting the fridge not so dismal. And what to do with the sponges, how to get them dry and sanitary.

Challanges-challanges, nonstop. :D Wish me luck :D





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me Seen and Unseen