Thursday, July 14, 2011

Wrk

Something good, challenging, inspirational. A white castle, what I can not find negative, because I´ve seen the sun-side of it. Kuressaare hospidal. A place with potential - I´ve probably mentioned that there is some space-places, where could be amazing gardens - Shadowgardens. Plus the roofs are flat, horizontal, meaning... Rooftopgardens :D And a dreamer like me, mopping and thinking, that I can not to everything, like studying garden planning and making the gardens of my dreams real. So... atleast I am letting the word out - someone, come and make this place bloom!

The huge building is 4? stories high (minimum four) and it has these open air atriums from the bottom to the top. Many have been paved, there are tiles, few have plantation (one near the psych unit has ferns and wild strawberries :D)and all are surrounded by corridors and rooms with people moving or silence, so brief, so eternal.

I´ve worked here for many summers, about 5 .. this is probably the sixth. The hardest time, hours of constant cleaning in the ER and the surrounding corridors ´n rooms. Lot´s of people. Meaning staff, I want to see less patients than staff so I´m trying to realize my wishes ;) Great people, a bit shiny and completely marvellously human. Quirks, they got them, all of them and this makes them marvellous.

This is a hospidal! People die in here, some get eerie feeling-sensations here and many hate these places... I don´t. I just can´t, there is so much good and someone has to focus on it, the constant sunshine lingering around. The white walls, green grass, blue skies and the sound that reminds the swallows flying about. Some of the nests are removed.. sad, but... the good thing is, that the renovation of the walls reaches some nests at autumn. Yes, there is always the so-called two sidedness, good and bad. Ghosts included. Still, there could be some gardens. Blooming ones. Maybe even something like the palm house in the botanical garden with extra lighting with maybe ponds with fish and birds and butterflies flying about the green lush vegetation- this is a canvas so broad! It has provided me with dreamings for years and will continue doing so for who knows how long to come.






One thing this place has given me is my writing (tears).
My first summerjob here, drawing with the mop, humming my songs, a seventeen-years old heart filled with new emotions and a walk home by the beach - a cloud in the sky. I met Summer so, my novel´s protagonist. I went home, took my bright metal blue pen and my black pen and jotted down ... my wishes, my dreams, newly made-refreshed connections and a crazy year. I´ll add a certain picture soon, drawn in the hospidal in the Orange Room - another spark, to the post above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me Seen and Unseen

Blog Archive